I Love You! Mo ni fe! Ich lieb Di! Mi lobi joe! Mahal kita! Je t’aime! Te quiero! Jeg elsker deg! S’agapo! A fum gi nanya! In na son ki! Ami mmuma fien!
- Now you know how to say I Love You 12 new(?) ways. [L-R: English, Yoruba, German, Surinam, Tagolog, French, Spanish, Norwegian, Greek, Ibo, Hausa, Efik]
That has got to be the most cliched phrase ever! I mean guys use it as a passkey, a virtual “open sesame”. The ladies use it to manipulate their partners (guys do too). In many relationships it’s used as a WMD [weapon of mass destruction] but hey…we love you! Really…We do! We also love to talk about these kinds of stuff.
That’s why the Real Talk Trio of Ms. Dang, the Real Dude & Biggyo decided to jump in on this timeless emotion on the show. Since we’re not shellfish, nor selfish, we are asking you: who should say “I love you” first and at what point will be just right to do so?
Ladies, do you take the leap of fate, bite the bullet and open yourself up to the possibility that he won’t say it back? Guys, do you go ahead as the “hunters” you are, knowing that sometimes there’s no prey, fair game or booty? Do you still believe in love (or even think it exists) or prefer “I like you” as it’s less serious and more likely true?
What say you?
Have You Ever…
More Fun Facts
- Men tend to confess love earlier than women, and are happier than women when receiving confessions of love from a partner (Ackerman, et al., 2011).
- Men take an average of 88 days to say “I love you,” compared to a woman’s 134 days. [Source: Daily Mail]
- 39% of men say “I love you” within the first month of dating, compared to just 23% of women. [Source: Daily Mail]
- 77 per cent of men remembering when they said ‘I love you’ for the first time. [Source: Daily Mail]
- Ask A Guy: Can A Girl Say ‘I Love You’ First? – A New Mode
- Should You Say I Love You First – Refinery29
- When Should You Say ‘I Love You’? | Psychology Today
- 22 Women On Why They Would Or Wouldn’t Say ‘I Love You’ Before …
- When Should You Say “I Love You” for the First Time? – LovePanky
- How Soon Is Too Soon to Say I Love You? – Men’s Fitness
- Should I be the one to say “I love you” first? | HowStuffWorks
- Never Say “I Love You” First – AskMen
- Read This Before Saying, ‘I Love You.’ – – eHarmony
- Ben-Ze’ev, A. (2014). Ain’t love nothing but sex misspelled? In C. Maurer, T. Milligan, and K. Pacovská (Eds.), Love and its Objects. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 25-40.